Thursday, December 3, 2009

No More Babies

We're growing up at our house. Today our baby turned 3! That officially makes us babyless for the first time in our marriage. She's always going to be our baby, but no more diapers, cribs, high chairs, sippy cups, diaper bags...and nobody in nursery. Wow!
McCall woke up this morning and she & Tiara went straight to the family room to look for balloons and presents. There hung 3 pink balloons and a pile of presents. The birthday had officially started! She opened her presents and was in heaven with Snow White dressups, play food and a new Barbie movie. Davis, Tiara and McCall played house all morning and set up a picnic/restaurant in the living room.
She had her 3 year old checkup at the doctor, but unfortunately had to have a shot. I didn't realize she had one due until it was too late, so I told her we'd go shopping and get a prize. I felt so bad for letting them poke her on her birthday.

We went to Target and she picked out a Cinderella polly pockets set, but they didn't have the castle she wanted to get with her birthday money from the Grandpas and Grandmas. They did find one in American Fork and put it on hold for her, so we made a quick trip down there between lunch with Daddy and picking up Tiara from school. She spent every minute of the night playing with it. Thank you Grandma Carol & Grandpa Snow and Grandpa Rod & Grandma Brenda.
Because we hadn't been home all day, she ended up with a store bought cake. I don't remember the last time we did that. Usually I make them whatever flavor and style of cake they want. Poor girl ended up with Santa and his reindeer because there wasn't anything else. Welcome to December birthdays! We quickly removed the Christmas stuff and replaced it with her princesses she got today. A little better.

She had a great day and loved telling everyone that she is 3 now. Happy Birthday sweet baby girl! We love you!

3 comments:

J9 said...

Sweet pics of her! She is a doll and being babyless is a good thing!

Banks Family said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. We need to get together and have lunch when Kara is off track.

Rachel said...

She is way too cute. I am counting down days when I will be babyless!