Here I am, trying to catch up on all we've done since my last post. I'm still not back in the groove of blogging again and most of the time I just plain forget about it. Not that I have tons of spare time anyway.
Once we got home from Henderson in January, I plunged into baseball. I'm still serving on the Board, so baseball for me starts long before the first pitch is thrown out. The draft is next weekend and things should settle down quite a bit, at least for me. Dave is planning on coaching two teams this year, so his craziness is about to start.
We took another fast trip down to Henderson and this time took my mom to help her do a little personal history work. We drove around to see and take pictures of all of the homes she had lived in as a child. Most of them were still there. We even managed to find the old church where she was baptized. She spent a good part of the time talking into a voice recorder and recalling many stories and experiences of growing up. We also visited with Grandpa Herm, took him for a drive, went to lunch with him and Teri, and also took him to church. It was nice to be able to go to church with him, but I felt bad because most of meeting he couldn't hear well enough to discern what they were saying.
The kids have been off track for 2 1/2 weeks now and I'm sad to see it come to an end. I love being able to sleep in and take things easy while their off. I also love playing with them. Right now, we're at Classic Skating. they are having a blast cruising on their scooters, bouncing on all the inflatables and climbing through the "jungle". Spencer and Seth played laser tag and Seth was so proud to get 2nd place! Only two more days of fun and then back to work for all of us. Bummer!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Playing Catch-up
Posted by Sonda at 3:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment