Well, I'm very happy to report that McCall's surgery went perfectly. We didn't have to be to the hospital until 8:30 in the morning, which gave us enough time to get kids taken care of. Thanks to some friends and family for helping out with getting kids to/from school and watching them while we where gone. I don't know what we would have done without everyone pitching in to help. THANK YOU!!! We got to the hospital and they were ready for her. They gave her some Versed to make her a little sleepy, which made it easier to hand her over to them. That is the hardest part--giving your baby to a stranger and then turning to walk away. It went so smoothly. Turns out, she had a VERY narrow duct, but it wasn't completely blocked. The doctor used a balloon to dilate it and it should now stay open. She was quite fussy and clingy after surgery, but each day is a little better. Her eye was red and a little swollen at first, but she looks great now. Yippee!!
So on to the next stress in my life--my new church calling, Scout Committee Chair. Now, you would think that with all these boys I would know a little more about scouts. But Dave has done everything with Matt & Dalin, so I've remained clueless. What they were thinking is beyond me. I have no clue about scouts, ranks, and all that stuff. To top it off, there is an Eagle board of review tomorrow, 5 other board of reviews and a committee meeting tomorrow and I'm supposed to know what I'm doing. Should be interesting. The Court of Honor is in 2 weeks and other than going to one for one of Julie's boys (probably 20 years ago), I've NEVER even gone to one. Dave takes the boys and I stay home and take care of the rest of the brood. Nothing like jumping in head first.
And since I'm using this as my sort of journal, I have to write about Spencer. He wanted to sleep in my bed with Tiara last night. All of the kids like to fall asleep in our bed, then Dave takes them to their own beds when we go to bed. Anyway, I remembered Spencer hadn't done his reading for the day, so I told him to go get a book and he could read a bedtime story to Tiara. When I went into our room 10 minutes later, there he was, reading to her. He was doing so well making his voice make the book sound interesting. But then I realized what he was reading...All About Poisonous Animals! Not exactly the best bedtime story for a 2 year old little girl. He pointed out all the pictures of snakes to her and she seemed quite interested, and luckily she didn't have any bad dreams!! I guess next time I should specify that it should be fiction. He is so smart and loves non fiction and science books, but what about Cinderella?
Saturday, February 9, 2008
The Good, The Bad & The Yucky
Posted by Sonda at 11:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hey Sonda! Didn't know you had entered "the world" but I'm glad. Found you through Justin and Nichole. Thats great to hear that McCall did so well and that's so funny about Spencer and Tiara, I can totally picture it! Love you!
Post a Comment