We just found out tonight that Spencer was chosen as 1 of 2 kids in his division as an "Outstanding Performer" for the piano festival yesterday. Basically, four times a year there is a piano festival for all of the piano students around where they play a selected piece for a judge. It's a little nerve-racking - they play in a recital hall and just the judge is there listening and critiquing. Saturday was only the 2nd time he has done this and he's only been taking piano lessons for about 6 months, so I never expect much. Evidently, he did awesome! He loves playing the piano and it really shows in how quickly he has learned. I am so excited and proud of him for doing such a great job. So now he gets to play in another recital on Thursday with the other kids selected and gets a monetary award. He can't wait because I told him it was his money and he could buy whatever he wanted. He has great plans to spend every penny on Pokemon cards. As much as I think that is a total waste of money, it's what he likes and I'm keeping my mouth shut. I'll post a video of him playing Thursday.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
That is awesome! Where is he playing at? Kylee has earned her cup and is also playing on Thurs. at Riverton Music in WVC (off Bangeter). Way to go Spencer!
Post a Comment