Saturday, October 16, 2010

Turning Over a New Leaf

I have been so terrible at blogging for the past year. Most of the reason I started blogging was so that my mom could see what we were doing while she was on a mission in Chile. But once she came home, I didn't have quite the same motivation. After all, I could just call her or go visit and stay in touch. On top of that, I worried about who was reading what. The idea of all of our family's activities being out there bothered me (it still does). And I didn't want something I wrote to be taken the wrong way by someone. I felt like I was having to censor what I wrote and that defeated the purpose of having a blog that doubles as my journal. Well, I'm starting fresh. With the exception of my inner most thoughts, I'm back in business. I'm done censoring (for the most part) and I'm just writing what I think or feel. If I write something that offends someone, it's their choice to be offended because it isn't intended. I'm just thinking out loud and journaling our family life. Most of what I have to talk about is my kids and their stuff. There isn't much more to my life than being a wife and mom. But don't think I'm complaining. There isn't anything else in this world that means more to me than Dave and the kids, and there isn't any other title that I'd rather have. If I go through this earthly life and do nothing more than be a good wife and mother, I'll feel entirely successful. So here we go with the story of our lives...

1 comments:

J9 said...

I'm so happy! I feel like I have no clue what is going on in your life anymore. I, for one, have missed you blogging! Welcome back to the blog world!