My little Tiara wanted to do a dance solo this year. I had told her no for several months last fall, when Dave found out about it. He wanted her to do it. I was very reluctant, since she is only 5, but gave in thinking it would be easier to practice while she's in kindergarten than next year when she is at school all day. You would think I would be the one to push her early, but I just didn't think she was ready. Maybe one day I'll learn to just listen to Dave. He was right about Seth skipping a grade and he was right about Tiara. She has loved it. She has thoroughly enjoyed meeting with her choreographer each week, learning and perfecting her solo. She has learned so much and has become a stronger dancer.
Her first competition was last week. She did pretty well, but forgot part of her dance. She covered very well and took 3rd place. It was a fun night. It was just the two of us. We got there, she danced, we went to dinner, then back to the competition for the awards. I loved spending the night with just her. I so love having a little girl. She was thrilled to get a big trophy and bring it home to show Dad.
Friday was another competition. This time Dave came and she was so excited. She loves to practice for him and I think he secretly loves it too. He's more of a "dance dad" than he'll ever own up to. But Friday morning Tia woke up with a slight fever. I gave her some Tylenol and she seemed to perk up. But by the time we got to the competition, she was hot. Luckily, I brought some medicine just in case, so I drugged her some more, hoping it would kick in before she had to dance. Not quite so lucky. It was just starting to work when her turn came up. I could tell she wasn't feeling great, but she still went and danced her hot little heart out. She did fabulous, especially considering she was sick.



1 comments:
Okay, could Tiara get any cuter??? What an amazing little dancer! I love her trophy that's just about as big as she is!! I bet she loved this experience (other than being sick)! Awesome!
Post a Comment