Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Seth!

Seth turned 9 today. He is such a cute loving boy. I just love him to death! We surprised him with a new bike when he woke up. He hadn't really asked for anything for his birthday and we were clueless as to what to get him. He finally learned how to ride a bike last fall and has been riding Spencer's old one. So thanks to Tiara for a great idea. He loves it!



The girls and I went to lunch with him at school. I offered to bring him anything he wanted, but school lunch won out. Ick!! He had better taste for dinner though. We went to Rock Creek Pizza. I love the pizza and salad bar, but that's not why Seth loves it. He loves the cinnamon dessert pizza. He quickly choked down a piece of cheese pizza and then totally pigged out on cinnamon pizza. And since it was his birthday, nobody told him no. Aren't birthdays great? But his request for a birthday cake seemed the funniest to me. I always tell the kids I will make any cake they want. Seth's request -- funfetti cake with yellow frosting. No sprinkles, no decorations, just candles. Well, I guess that makes my job easier. But I felt like a lame mom fulfilling the request. This last year has been a big year for Seth. He was diagnosed with ADD and started on medication. While many would think that is a bad thing, it has been great for him. Once he could focus, we discovered what a smart boy he is. He skipped from 3rd grade to 4th grade at Christmas and it has made a huge difference for him. He enjoys school more and is thriving. I'm so proud of him. He amazes me with how quickly he learns. He is always there with a hug and an "I love you, Mom." Seth, I love you too.

0 comments: