I got a very sad phone call today. The director from Seth's school called to let us know about Seth's friend, Caiden. As many of you may have heard last week, there was a news story about a little boy that fell out of a 2nd story window while jumping from the window sill onto an air mattress on the floor of a friend's bedroom. He feel backwards through the screen and onto the cement driveway below. This poor little boy was Caiden. He was Life Flighted to Primary Children's with severe head injuries and placed on life support. His family made the tough decision to take him off when there were no signs of life and sweet little Caiden quickly passed away. I am so sad because Seth just LOVED Caiden. They played together almost every day at recess and went to each other's birthday parties. I can't imagine losing a child and just held Seth as I told him about his friend. He cried and talked about how he would never get to play with him again. I cried knowing how much my little boy loved this little boy. Seth doesn't make friends with kids his age very easily, and this little guy was one of the first friends Seth made at school. I feel so sad for his family. I can't imagine the pain they are going through right now. After last week's post, I am now finding even more reasons to appreciate my children and the great blessing they are. Life is so fragile and we all need to treat it with the greatest care.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
That is so sad. I cannot imagine having to make that decision. None of our children have lost a friend to death yet, but I can only imagine it would be devastating. Give Seth an extra hug for me.
Post a Comment