I've finally gotten to a point that I'm sick and tired of being fat. I am disgusted every time I see myself in the mirror or in pictures. I know how the weight came on - each pregnancy gave me 5 pounds (except Seth, he gave me 10) and then I turned 40. Everyone warned me that they immediately gained 5-10 pounds once they turned 40, but I was sure that wouldn't happen to me. Guess what...It did. So now I find myself, a nauseating 35 pounds heavier than 10 years ago when we got married. Now, as much as I would love to have a 20-something body, I do realize that I don't, and sadly, it will never be back. But that doesn't mean that I have to stay fat, either.
So, last week I started the South Beach diet. I've done it before, but have never had the willpower to stay on it longer than a week. But this time is going to be different. For starters, I'm now telling all of you what I'm doing, so if I fail, everyone will know. But more than that, I have to lose some of this weight. I hate my body and can't stand to see it. I'm embarrassed to go anywhere and see people that knew a thinner me. Dave and I are going on a cruise for our 10th anniversary and I don't want him to have to go with a pudgy wife.
I'm on day #9 of Phase 1, for those of you that know about the diet. Most of my cravings for sweets have disappeared, but I miss having treats. It's so hard to live in a house full of kids and a husband that like cookies, chips & treats and not eat anything. I have had NO sugar, NO breads and NO fruit. I love eating more healthy, but I hate not being able to eat whatever sounds good. I'm having to cook 2 dinners every night (one for me and one for everyone else), but they are very yummy dinners. With it being summer, the fresh veggies are so good and I really enjoy them. They would just taste better with a little butter on them and some ice cream to follow. The closest thing I've had to a dessert is a bowl of sugar-free jello. Better than nothing, but not exactly a gooey fudge brownie. I have 5 more days until I can add in a whole grain and a fruit each day and I'm so looking forward to it. You know it's bad when an apple becomes a treat to look forward to. If I can stay strong, it will be at least a month or 2 before I have a treat I really like, but having a body I like is more important to me.
I guess I'm just rambling on because I can't eat and type at the same time and hopefully by telling you all, I'll have greater success. As of Monday, I have lost 6 pounds and have another 20 to go. I'm excited to get to where I'm happier with my reflection even though I do so miss my chocolate.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!!
Posted by Sonda at 2:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
It's so fun to catch up on your family thru your blog! I just need to movitate myself to start one myself.
If you are up for the challenge, I have an extra 25 pounds that would love to meet the South Beach diet with you. I don't know much about it, but I'm sure I can learn.
Email me.... charicepate@yahoo.com
That is so great! I don't know if you've checked it out or not but my niece, Cami, started a blog about being healthy. It goes with getting in better shape, losing weight, eating better etc. I have asked her if I can be an author on it and I'm sure if you'd like she'd love to have you join. It's a nice way to support each other in goals of being healthier b/c let's face it...it is hard to have the discipline one needs to stay in shape and eat right! Here is the link or you can get to it from my blog also http://www.loveyourselfhealthy.blogspot.com/
Good Luck! Reporting in to someone does help, so hopefully doing it on your blog will make a difference! My sisters and I have all been doing the weight loss challenge thing all summer. I had the least to lose and it has taken me longer than anyone to lose mine! I'm like you.....I like chocolate and ice cream too much!
Post a Comment