It started. I didn't think I'd have to deal with this until she at least got to kindergarten. What's a mom to do? I have a shopping-addicted daughter. Now this little problem didn't exactly happen by chance. It's not like I never take her shopping. And it's not like I've tried to discourage going to the mall. After all, I'm afflicted with the same illness. But today is Gymbucks day and we have to go. So as I'm getting ready to go, Tiara walks into my bathroom and it goes something like this...
T: Mom, can I borrow some dollars?
Me: Why?
T: Because I don't have any.
Me: Why do you need dollars?
T: So I can buy something.
Me: What do you need to buy?
T: I don't know, but I don't have any dollars, so can I have some of yours?
Me: I don't think so.
T: But we're going shopping!!!
Now what do I do? I wanted a daughter that would enjoy going shopping with me, but I'm not so sure I can afford her now. So off to Gymboree we go, only for me to hear, "Oooh, it's so cute! I need that!" from the mouth of my 3 year old. And when that doesn't work, it's "I think Callie would like that." (Only make sure it's a size 3!)
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Dollars
Posted by Sonda at 9:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That's great! She's cute. Have fun, they have some SUPER cute new lines. We went the other day and came home with WAY too much:)
Shopping is not your problem....it is the stores you are shopping at! I give the kids chances to earn money (nickels/dimes/quarters) and then they can visit the dollar store!(or they can choose to save up till they have $2.50 and go get a happy meal at McDonalds) The way I see it, they have to learn about money somehow! That was such a cute story though!
Post a Comment