For those of you that didn't know (which is most of you) I have new eyes! I can see. I went in yesterday to have LASIK done on my eyes and I can't believe the difference. I've been wanting to to this for a few years, but fear of someone actually cutting my eye and the cost had steered me away. But thanks to my sweet husband who gave me the courage and convinced me that it really was worth the money, I did it. Best thing EVER! I went in to the office yesterday more nervous than I think I've ever been. More than getting married, more than having a baby. I seriously was shaking in my boots! They gave me a valium, but I don't think it did much. I went in and had it done and it was the easiest thing ever. Fast, most pain-free (and I'm a wimp!) and I even got to relax in their massage chair. Dave liked the warm chocolate chip cookies they kept bringing him while he waited. He even watched them do it! Today I went in for my followup appointment and lesse than 24 hours later I can see 20/20! I am so excited I just want to scream! This is so great to wake up and be able to see the alarm clock, the kids and which box of cereal I'm pulling out of the pantry. So any of you that are contemplating, GO DO IT!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Congrats! That's so awesome and I'm glad everything went well for you :)
Holy cow Sonda...that's awesome! I'm so happy for you! I'm so grateful for modern day technology. Amazing!
Wow! I'm so excited that you're happy with it. It scares me so bad, I don't think I'll ever do it! I'm blind as a bat, but am too afraid. :)
Do you hear that it's better to do it the older you are? That's what my doctor told me because he said the older you are, your eyes start getting better (if you have genetic nearsightedness). Did your doctor say anything like that?
I haven't heard that, but my regular optometrist has told me the longer you wait, the longer you have to make sure your eyes have stabilized and won't get any worse. Mine have been the same for almost a decade, so I felt comfortable that I won't see many changes. Don't be afraid. It is so easy!
Now you're 20/20, I hope you like what you see when you wake up and roll over:)
I had Lasic done about 10 years ago & have LOVED it!! I'm excited for you!
I had mine done last January, and have LOVED it! Like you, it was the scariest thing I've ever done, but the best. Snorkeling & playing in the water in Hawaii last April made me realize exactly how happy I was that I did it. Congrats!
Post a Comment