Everyone that knows Tiara knows that she has a tendency to be...well...a little bossy. She thinks that she is the Mommy and that I should listen to her. Not only that, but that she is every bit as much Daddy's wife as I am. Every now and again (daily!) I have to remind her that she is only 3 and that I am really the one in charge. She drives me crazy telling me everything that I don't do or that I do wrong. But sometimes she is just the funniest Mom EVER!!!
Today, as we sat in the car waiting for McCall's prescription to be filled, the conversation went like this...
T: Mom, where are Spencer and Seth?
Me: At school
T: They go to school every day. It's killing me!
I just had to laugh out loud.
And poor little McCall. She's been holding her own all weekend and I seemed to think she was doing better until I watched her breathe this morning. I could see every rib from across the room. So off to the Dr. we went. But, of course, being a Monday in January we were stuck seeing the nurse practitioner. I've not been pleased in the past, but he was my only option besides the ER, so we went to see him. UGGHH!! I don't think he listened to a word I said and he only listened to McCall for maybe 10 seconds before he handed me a prescription for steroids and left. Uh, did it not matter that all her ribs are poking out every time she breathes, or that her sats were 88%? Guess not. All he said was to give her albuterol every 4 hours and call if she got worse. Exactly how much worse should I let her get?, I wondered. Idiot. So now I play nurse because I DON'T want to end up in the ER. Tylenol, albuterol, motrin, steroids, cold air, steamy bathroom, humidifier, up all night because I don't dare leave her alone. Lucky me!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Little Mommy, Sick Baby
Posted by Sonda at 4:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That is no fun and is SO scary!!! I hope she gets feeling better...poor little thing. I hope you make it through...it's rough on mommies too!
Hang in there! That is so hard. I have one who struggles with asthma and I dread it every time he gets sick. Hopefully the steroids will help her little lungs to recover.
Post a Comment