Have you ever had one of those days when you seriously want to strangle everyone around you? If not, you're too perfect and nice for me so you can go read someone else's blog.
So not only do I have to follow up an bad day on Sunday with a Monday, but the kids decided that I needed it to be especially bad. Thanks, guys...NOT!! I wake up still tired, despite going to bed at 8:30 at night and really just want to stay in bed all day. But, of course, Moms don't get to do that. I wish! I get Spencer and Seth off to school and decide I need to finish Tiara's room and paint her door and the closet doors. Whoops! Dave forgot to take the doors off. Guess I'll do that myself even though they are much bigger than me. Dumb decision. Davis and Tiara want to sit at the bar and color. Great idea, I think! Now I can paint. Dumb decision. Not only do I have a newly decorated room for Tia, I have new custom countertops compliments of Davis. I wasn't really wants orange and blue though. Can I just say dumb decision again?? Oh wait, there is a nice trail of milk all over my hardwood floors. Thanks, McCall! Who ever said sippy cups are spill proof? I'm convinced it was a man that never had a wife to tell him that they spill because he never would have noticed it on his own!!
To bed everyone before I kill you! No lunch. No drinks. I don't care. You should thank me that you don't have any broken bones and that you are still breathing!
Ahhh, quiet for a couple hours. Maybe now I can take a shower and have something to eat. But no! Spencer and Seth come home with news that Spencer has another report due...this Friday! Are you kidding? He had one due last week, the wax museum is tomorrow and he's supposed to do another report in the next 4 days?? Get a grip, Mrs. Smith, these kids are in 3rd grade. We're not in college and they have bedtimes. When, exactly, are they supposed to do this? I can't wait to get out of ALPS!!!
So we finally wrap up most of the homework by the time Dave is getting home. Dinner? Umm...haven't thought about that. You mean I have to clean AND cook? Today? As I try to clean up the kitchen and figure out what to make, I see Tiara and McCall attempting to give me a new custom table with the paint palette I had just finished making for Spencer's wax museum costume. Paint everywhere! AARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I quit! This is not what I signed up for! Maybe I'm not meant for motherhood. Forget everything I said last week because I can't stand my kids right now! They are seriously driving me crazy!
After cleaning up the paint mess and making another paint palette and cleaning up the floors I finally get a self imposed break. Dave can take care of the kids the rest of the night. He can be the mom because this one just resigned! Good Luck!
The only good part of the day was watching The Bachelor and seeing Stephanie get the boot. She is so wrong for him in every way and I just can't stand how sappy sweet she is for one more minute! Maybe next week he can get rid of Naomi.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Monday=Bad Day
Posted by Sonda at 11:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hope the week has gotten a little better! Some days life with kids is SO NOT FUN! Sending a big hug your way...
Holy cow Marta, i think you are my twin! This is exactly how I feel sometimes. (others probably do too but they will never admit it!) I just read like your last 4 posts and I agree with you, I will soooo miss all the baby stuff but am excited to get to do my own projects. And we just had that whole same croup episode with 2 of my kids. Loved the photo of the seal! Sooo cleaver!
Oh, it's so nice to know I'm not the only one done with motherhood sometimes..*sigh*. Especially when you've got a teenage daughter with a mind of her own. She is a good girl and I'm trying to remind myself that she could be doing worse things. But STILL being a mom is TOUGH! And here I think, "and I'm having ANOTHER one?!" haha
Post a Comment