I seem to be having a hard time keeping up this summer. So much has been going on, which should give me plenty to write about, but I just haven't. By the time bedtime rolls around for the kids, I just want to veg with Dave. Not that that's a bad thing, but everything else on my list just stays on the list.
School started for Seth and Spencer and both of them have really good teachers. I'm so pleased and I'm expecting this to be a great year. Spencer made the decision to leave the ALPS program this year and I've been very nervous about that choice. But he has a great teacher that will continue to challenge him while allowing him more time outside of school to pursue his other interests like piano and sports. Seth is continuing in the ALPS program and has a new teacher this year. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. She has a great love of learning and seems to "get" gifted kids. Yeah!!





Laurie and her boys made it back home safely. Kent and Jace are just the cutest little boys and we all enjoyed the time we spent with them. It's just too bad they live so far away.
I'll back up to Pioneer Day when Jackson's baseball team, the South Jordan Slammers, played their hearts out and WON the Pioneer tournament. Unfortunately, I've given up on trying to get to every game. There are several reasons, but mostly it's just hard to do with 5 kids, especially when there are double headers. I miss going and wish some things were different so I could *sigh*. But Dave gets to most of them and that's what really matters to Jackson anyway. I did get to the championship game and loved watching them obliterate the Renegades. Way to go Slammers!!
School started for Seth and Spencer and both of them have really good teachers. I'm so pleased and I'm expecting this to be a great year. Spencer made the decision to leave the ALPS program this year and I've been very nervous about that choice. But he has a great teacher that will continue to challenge him while allowing him more time outside of school to pursue his other interests like piano and sports. Seth is continuing in the ALPS program and has a new teacher this year. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. She has a great love of learning and seems to "get" gifted kids. Yeah!!

Davis went to the kindergarten open house and will be starting tomorrow. He is so excited and already seems to be older. It's still hard to grasp because he's my little baby that had so many problems and tried to die on us a few times. How grateful I am for good doctors, nurses and prompting from the Spirit. I'm sort of sad that he's getting so big, but I'm looking forward to having some "girl time" during the day.

Last Saturday our stake had a Family Fun Day. We all paraded up to the park for a HUGE breakfast, games for the kids, bounce houses and a train. The kids had a blast and I was amazed at how much work they put in to making it a fun day.



Laurie and her boys made it back home safely. Kent and Jace are just the cutest little boys and we all enjoyed the time we spent with them. It's just too bad they live so far away. 


0 comments:
Post a Comment