Dave ran in the SLC marathon Saturday. He'd been trying to train for the last several months, but spring got in the way. Between baseball, trips, loss of motivation and the time change, it didn't go so well the last 3 weeks. But, he stuck with it and ran the race. I was so proud of him for doing it. That's something I don't think I could ever do.
I think he's glad he did it (now that he can walk again!) He loved it so much that he ran a little extra. Not on purpose, mind you, but he took "going the extra mile" to a new level. The marathon and 1/2 marathon routes run together for the first few miles of the race. Then they split at Sugarhouse park and rejoin for a block and split again. Well, I guess Dave was just running along with the crowd and not paying much attention, because when they rejoined, he took off and followed the 1/2 marathoners when they split the second time. It didn't take too long before he realized he was with a bunch of runners that had different colered bibs than him. OOPS!! He stopped to look at a map and ask for directions (yes, some men do!) only to find out that inorder to catch back up with the marathon route he had to run almost a mile UPHILL! He did it and got back on track but, arghh, why would anyone want to run extra? So Dave did his 27.2 marathon and lived to tell about it, although I don't think he'll ever want to so that again.




0 comments:
Post a Comment