Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Seth!

Today has finally come. Seth has been asking for weeks how many more days until his birthday. He wants to be 6. Well, it finally came. Today, he woke up early. He had lots on his to-do list. He wanted to see his balloons, open his presents, play with his new DS game from Grandpa & Grandma Martin and have his party. Dave and I are not too hip on waking up early, so we told him he had to get dressed for school before he could do anything. Poor kid. It had more to do with us wanting a few more minutes in bed than with him getting ready. We finally got everyone up about 7:00 and watched him open his presents. He was so excited. He has wanted "the truck that turns into a gun" since Christmas. Had I known he wanted it that bad, Santa would have brought it. I thought it looked like some silly toy, but he's been lusting after it for months. He got a check in the mail from Grandma Carol & Grandpa Howard yesterday and wanted to go immediately to the store to buy it. I had to think of every excuse to not take him. He's been in heaven all day with his new truck/gun. Spencer's quite jealous and has tried everything to get Seth to let him control it. (Lucky for Seth, he's smart and won't let Spencer pull one over on him.) The only problem now is what to do with the money he got for his birthday. I don't think he has any other plans now that he has his coveted Transformer.

He went to school and when I picked him up, I let him choose where to go for lunch. This is the last year that I'll get to go to lunch with him on his birthday, so I didn't want to miss the chance. Of course, he chose McD's and Dave met us there, too.


He and Spencer had a baseball game tonight, so after that we all went to the Pie for dinner. It was a big celebration, not just for his birthday, but for Matt & Dalin, too. They both got a 4.0 last term! After dinner, we sang to him and had cake. (For those of you without little boys, the blue thing on the cake is the Decepticon logo.) Overall, I think he had a great day. Thank you to all the Grandmas and Grandpas for the money/presents. When he figures out what he wants, I'll have him let you know what he bought.

1 comments:

Wren said...

Hi - Happy Birthday to everyone! When I have a free second, I try to logon and see what's up with our Utah Folks! It's the only way to see photos of our nieces and nephews ... we should just pick up a phone and make a call once in awhile. We miss all of you and I know Richard misses his brothers.

The kids are growing up so fast! They are all so cute! Looks like you are living at the ballfield too! Kinley is playing softball (believe it or not) and Logan just started baseball. It's so serious out here! We've been playing since Feb. 5th. The season is almost over the first of May.

I better run for now - we'll catch you on another blog.
Love,
Wren, Richard & Kids