Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wired!!!

Poor Davis. This kid has been through more in his short 4 years than I 've been through in 40. After almost 3 years of no oxygen, we're finally admitting that he still has problems sleeping (and breathing). He has this funky breathing pattern at times, grinds his teeth, swallows funny when asleep and doesn't sleep well at night. He wakes up a couple times at night and then complains of being tired all day. When I mentioned this to his pediatrician, he couldn't believe I hadn't called the pulmonologist. Well, I finally did and this was the result....

Another sleep study. Yuck!! We won't get any results for a little while, but we're just hoping it shows what he REALLY does when asleep. Whatever the answer is, we just want him to be okay. At this point, we don't know if his problems are real sleep problems or behavioal problems. The only good thing is that we'll know what goes on with him and can work to fix it.

1 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

You'll have to give me details on how it went. He still looks so cute with all those wires coming off of him. (not that he could ever be anything BUT cute!) It almost looks like he has a bunch of long hair coming out of a stocking cap :)