Friday, April 4, 2008

Overscheduled Mom???

Well, you'd think I had enough to do with 8 kids, a husband, 5 baseball teams, piano lessons, 4 schools and a neverending pile of laundry. But I guess not!! I've been interested in being on the Bingham Baseball Board for a few years, but have never had the opportunity at the right time. Well, while I was at a meeting Monday, I somehow got myself recruited. I'm now on the Board and wondering what I was thinking. As I stayed up until after 3 am inputting baseball rosters for over 300 kids, I couldn't believe what I've gotten myself into. Luckily, I'm not the only one doing the job. Right now, I'm just at large, helping out the secretary and learning the ropes. I'm excited to be a part of the Board, especially with how many boys we have playing every year. Dave's been really supportive (he even went out last night to get me Diet Coke and M&M's), which makes it easier for me to do this. I really enjoy being a part of my kids' lives. It's fun to help out at school and be involved with what they're doing. But I think I may have overscheduled myself a bit right now. If I had known I'd be on the Board this season, I never would have agreed to be the Team Mom for 2 teams. Baseball season is crazy enough around here! Oh well. This, too, shall pass.

0 comments: