Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Long lost cousins

Last week I got a phone call out of the blue from my cousin Janine. She and her sister, Shannon, were in Provo for the women's conference at BYU. It was so fun to hear her voice on the other end of the line - she sounded just the same as she did last time I talked to her--10+ years ago!! We got together on Friday night for dinner at Cafe Rio (my personal FAVORITE place to eat!!) and catch up. We talked for a couple of hours, but probably could have kept going all night. I haven't seen either one of them for so long and our families are so spread out across the country that it's easy to just lose touch. (Not to mention that we're all so busy raising kids!) We had someone take a picture of us (don't tell anyone at CR) but had to be sneaky about it. It was fun to reminisce about the past and growing up together. It's hard to believe that over 30 years have past since we lived close to each other in Davis County.

0 comments: