Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baptism Day

Our sweet little boy, Spencer, is growing up. Today he was baptized. He has been so excited about this day and has been praying that it would come fast for weeks now. Well, it finally came. I can't believe my baby boy is old enough to be baptized. It was a good meeting with lots of family helping out with the program. He got to have his own service which made it more special for him. When it came time to go down into the font, I don't think he was nervous at all. I remember being afraid that Uncle Jerry would hold me under too long and I worried about it for weeks. But Spencer was totally calm. He commented on how warm the water was and how weird it was to go in water with clothes on. He understands so much of what he did today and I am impressed with his commitment to do what's right. As I sat through his interview with the Bishop last week, I was amazed at the depth of understanding he possesses. He has an inner drive to be good and is such a fast learner that he knew more than just the basic answers to the questions he was asked.

He was confirmed today also. When he wrote in his journal, he wrote about how he felt like he just couldn't frown. I'm so glad he had a good day and felt so happy with his choice. He loved how everyone told him he was making a good decision. He really values what other people think of him and never wants to disappoint anyone. We have always felt like he has such a sweet spirit and is just a very GOOD boy. I am so proud of the young man he is becoming. Today was his first step in along walk through life and I pray that he continues to follow the path he's on. He has a lot of potential to impact those around him for good. And thanks to some very good friends, they can all help each other along as they grow up in this scary world we have now. Spencer, I love you and I'm so proud of you!

2 comments:

J9 said...

Congratulations Spencer! I am so proud of you for making the choice to be baptized! I am glad it was a special day for you!

Kim and Chet said...

Congratulations Spencer! What an exciting day...you are making a great choice and I know Heavenly Father is so proud of you!