Monday, November 3, 2008

Family Addition

Guess what? We're adding to our family! It became official tonight and I guess there's not much I can do about it now. I've been ignoring all the begging and fighting with my desire to give in. So I caved. I'm weak. But I've run out of reasons to say no.

So for family night tonight, we made it real. We took the kids to Petco and let them pick out some fish. (HA!! How many of you actually thought I was pregnant again??) We now have an aquarium full of cute little fish and have added 6 new family members. The kids have been begging for a pet and this is the least offensive one I could think of. Now they all have their own fish with one for Daddy, too. Names are still pending, but I think Darth Vader, Spongebob and Dorothy are definites so far. I'll let you know the names of the rest when they decide. The kids are so excited at having a pet (or 6) and were just beaming all night. What a fun FHE activity!

6 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

Congrats! I knew you weren't pregnant...that just isn't possible! haha (however, it would be fun to be pregnant together again!)

J9 said...

FISH! What fun! They are the only pets (besides sea monkeys) that I have approved so far! Just make sure you get a bottom sucker (don't know if that's their real name, just ask at the pet store) that will help clean the algae off the tank so you don't have to clean as often. Oh, and I KNEW you were not pregnant.....I just thought you might be getting a dog!

BTW, I may be coming up to Utah the weekend before Thanksgiving. We are going to Shannon's for Thanksgiving this year and I would like to take the kids to see SLC since some have never been there and the others don't remember. I just have to work out the car situation since we are flying to Shannon's.

Melanie said...

Sonda, I'll admit I was freaking out for a small moment. I'm happy for you that fish are a lot less maintenance than children! My kids want fish again too, but I keep putting it off! Let me know how it goes!

Hunkey Dorey Down South said...

Well, I thought a DOG! You'll have an easier time with fish ... just cleaning out the tank will be FUN!

Rachel said...

I figured you were just like Krysten and got pregnant so you wouldn't have to diet! HA HA good luck with the fish

Shannon said...

I will be joining you soon in being a "fishy momma"! I just can't give in to any other pet! I have to say, I was freaking out a little thinking you were pregnant!