I'm baaack! After 3 days of no computer, I feel a little more "connected". My computer has been giving me fits all week. I boot it up and it spontaneously reboots whenever it feels like it. Dave enlisted the help of an IT guy at work, but his 'miracle disk' didn't get very far. My lovely security, McAfee, claimed to have major threats and had shut everything down. No firewall, no privacy service, and worst of all, everytime I tried to do anything with the virus protection the computer locked up and shut down. After trying just about everything, buying an external drive to try to salvage anything we could, spending HOURS and HOURS transferring files the IT guy says, "You might want to try just uninstalling McAfee if that is the touchy program." Guess what? It worked! How a security program gets a bug is beyond me. But it's gone and McAfee is now reinstalled and appears to be working great. I have a ton to update and will try to get to it later tonight...
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment