Last weekend we took a little weekend trip to Bear Lake. I'd like to say it was just for fun, but it was really for Dave. He ran in the 1/2 marathon on Saturday. I felt really bad for him because during the time that he should have been training we had a Disneyland vacation, a trip to Vegas, baseball (lots of that), and to top it off, a terrible cold that turned in bronchitis. He ran anyway, but I don't think he'll be doing any more of that anytime soon. Unfortunately, our family schedule and our preferred lifestyle (aka staying up late) just don't blend very well with running every day.
We got up to Bear Lake Friday night, had dinner and went to our condo. But after an hour there we realized that the furnace didn't work and it was going to stay cold all night. After a few phone calls, we ended up moving to a different condo (with a working furnace) that ended up being much better anyway. We originally planned on only taking the 3 boys so the condo we rented wasn't very big. But when we ended up taking all 5 kids, it was cramped. The second one had 2 bedrooms and bigger beds and was MUCH nicer. After we moved condos, we both said we should have stayed longer and taken advantage of all the space.
Dave ran a good race, but we weren't able to be at different mile markers to cheer for him. We waited at the Finish line and the kids couldn't resist running to the finish with him. Tiara had been saying for days that she was going to run with Daddy on Saturday, and she did. Seth was upset that he didn't get a medal, too, since he crossed the finish line.
After the race, we took the kids to Minnetonka Cave. Neither one of us had ever gone there and we both wanted to, so we took the chance while we had it. The kids were great, climbing up and down all 888 stairs! I carried McCall most of the way, but finally had to give up and have Dave help at the end. I was so proud of the kids for hiking the whole way without one complaint. I'm such a lucky Mom!






2 comments:
Dave looks like he did pretty good. He doesn't look exhausted in his pictures. Lou usually looks exhausted. I really love Lou running because we get to go to different cities. Tell Dave congrats.
I admire Dave for running with all you guys have going! Looks like a fun trip! I love Bear Lake.
Post a Comment