Dave left for scout camp today leaving me a widow for the rest of the week. This is nothing new, I've done this before, but somehow this time seems worse...and it's just the first day! It seems that while he's at camp having fun, I'm the one earning all those merit badges. Here's the badges I've earned--
- Citizenship - For spending the past 2 days at the school for various talent shows and awards assemblies, all while keeping 3 little kids quiet
- Auto Mechanics - For the flat tire that had to be fixed
- Personal Management, Personal Finance, and Cooking - For getting all my errands done and managing to organize, buy and pack food for 15 hungry scouts/leaders for dinner all for under $20 (That's only $1.30/person and includes all the paper supplies!)
- Search & Rescue - (Not really a merit badge, but it should be.) For actually finding my lost 2 year old in a mass of 500 people at a track meet
- Climbing, Personal Fitness and Athletics - For hiking up & down the stairs at Spencer's track meet to get him to each event and take kids to the potty (many times!!)
- First Aid - For the smashed toenail on Davis thanks to the restroom door.
- Family Life - For continuing on with everything despite being alone and not wanting to
- Fishing - For retrieving a Gameboy out of the toilet AFTER it was used. Yuck!!
Needless to say, I miss Dave. Today was incredibly rough. I'm just hoping that tomorrow is a better day, because I really don't want any more merit badges. I'm not a very good widow and I really don't like it. Maybe because my married life is just too good. I think I need a little retail therapy to recover from today. Park City, here I come!!!



6 comments:
Sonda-
What a great way to keep a sense of humor for a bad day! I'd grant you those merit badges if I could! Hang in there!
Oh yeah, I am going to copy your merit badge idea and let my husband know everything I earned while he goes in a few weeks! Too funny! Hope today is better!
Holy cow, I can't believe all that happened to you this week and while you were alone! Amazing! I hope you survived!!
Oh, that was only the first day! It definitely was a tough week. I'm glad he doesn't travel for work much.
I agree with the merit badges! We should get them for all the things we have to do...ALONE!
I HATE being alone...I'm not a very good widow either! I've got it coming two weeks in a row in July. NOT fun!
my kids always freak out when I fish stuff out of the toilet also. I keep telling them one day they will understand and do the same for their kids. I am glad you got through it.
Post a Comment