Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Recharge

Ahhh. Rest. It's something I rarely get. But this week I've gotten plenty. Dave & I are in Orlando for a few days while he attends a conference. We spent a day at Epcot before his meetings started. It was a nice day and the park didn't seem very crowded. We were able to see and do everything we wanted to and didn't have to wait in line for more than 10 minutes for anything. We try several foods from several countries and loved "seeing the world". Now, if only we could travel to each country for real...Our only mistake we in getting on Mission:Space first thing. We knew it got busy fast and thought we'd be smart by getting on before the park got busy. I don't think I've ever been so sick from a ride in my life. I honestly thought I was going to throw up! It's basically a astronaut training ride that spins you around in a centrifuge to make you feel the force of lift off and then slows down so you feel weightless. Uggh! I just couldn't take it. For several hours we both walked around just sick and spinning. I guess I'm getting too old for that stuff.

We went to Downtown Disney last night for dinner at Hollywood with some friends and then strolled the shops. I've always liked DD and the fun feeling there at night. It's electric! This afternoon, I'm headed out for some outlet mall shopping and then tonight is the big conference gala at Universal Studios. I'm expecting a great time because the park is closed to the public tonight. That means no lines or crowds. Yeah!

I fly back home early tomorrow, ending the fun and relaxation for a while. I'm loving my quiet time here, but as I sit here in bed, I'm missing my kids. I got as far as the Denver airport before I started missing them. As much as I love this time to myself and with Dave, I'm so used to being with the kids 24/7 that I have withdrawals. They've been having a good time with their Grandmas and favorite babysitter, Mallory. I think they were looking forward to their break from me just as much as I was. We're all just lucky to have some great Grandmas that loved them and enjoy them. I don't know what I'd do without them.

I'd love to say that Dave and I can do this every year and have this "recharge" time together, but it just isn't that easy. Maybe someday. For now, I'll treasure every minute we get together and every chance we have to be alone. I truly believe that couple vacations are the best marriage therapy there is, and it beats some counselor telling you how to fall in love again. I'll take my little vacations and focus on Dave and us any day!

1 comments:

J9 said...

I'M JEALOUS!!!! (could you hear me yelling that?) Have fun!