Tuesday, October 20, 2009

SLOW: Children at Play

Life, as always, seems to whizzing by. It seems that I have less and less time to do more and more. Sometimes I just want it to slow down. So much has been going on and I really want to write it all down, but there never seems to be the time. I'm eagerly waiting for a computer that can read my thoughts and blog for me. Wouldn't that be great?

I'm now on week 3 of only one kid at home 3 days a week. I try and do as much as I can while the other kids are at school, so McCall has become my little shopping/errand buddy. It's so strange to only have her to talk to and many days are very quiet. (She's not much of a talker.) One thing that has been really fun has been to go to lunch with Dave at a real restaurant. We're not talking McDonald's. We're talking silverware and a waitress. McCall is loving being a part of the lunch date. She always has to sit by Daddy and is quite well behaved. Poor Dave is outnumbered, though. Not only does he have me keeping him away from McD's, but McCall has started in on him too. He'll suggest it and she quickly says, "No Daddy! Not McDonald's." Thank heavens for little girls with "girl" taste. He's feeling the withdrawals but, sadly, I don't care. He does get his fix on Tuesdays when he takes Davis to lunch and then drops him off at Kindergarten while I pick up Tiara from preschool and take her to ballet. Everybody wins.

Spencer finished his soccer season Saturday. His team only lost one game. This was the first time he played soccer and really enjoyed it. I'm sure we'll be playing again next year. I've never been much of a soccer fan (and I'm still not) but he seems to like it and did well, so we'll do it again next year.I can't believe Halloween is right around the corner, with the rest of the holidays right behind. I've been madly trying to finish costumes before we leave for Orlando. I'm down to finishing McCall's and figuring out what Spencer will be. So far, he's changed his mind at least 5 times, so I'm just waiting for the final decision. Davis asks for the daily countdown and is so excited to be in the Halloween parade at school. He loves being a big kid.

I could probably go on forever with everything that has been going on lately. Life never slows down. I really wish it would because the kids get so big so fast and I really want to enjoy it all. Playing with them is one my favorite things to do.

1 comments:

Lindasue said...

We just played that same game 2 days ago! You are a great mom! Can't wait to see you again for Thanksgiving.