Today I'm in mourning. Gone are the days of being 30-something. I can't believe I'm really 40. Middle Aged. Not that I'm really any different than yesterday, but it just seems weird to think that I'm 40. I have a baby and little kids.
Dave wanted to make sure I remembered that I'm old. He very sneakily blew up 40 black balloons and hung them in the family room along with black streamers. Somehow he did this between 11:30 last night and 7:00 this morning when we got up. The kids woke me up saying "Happy Birthday" and shoving a present in my very sleepy face. Once I sat up, they started opening everything while I just watched. Dave has been trying to give me my present since Sunday. (You all know he can't keep a secret!) He bought me a new camera. I've been wanting one that I can just keep in my bag. So many times I've wished I had one and it was either sitting at home or Dave had it. So now I get my own! Yippee! It's quite nice and less than 1/2 the size of his. I'm so excited! Anyway, the minute it was opened, Dave took it and took a picture. So much for my own camera. Then Seth announced, "Come see your balloons!" I think that burst Dave's bubble. He had wanted it to be a surprise - and it still was. I couldn't believe how many balloons there were. He said he's been planning this for 6 months!
His friend, Mike, even offered to sneak in the house and help him blow them up. But Dave did it all himself and, yes, he's still alive! It's been a fun day and the kids are totally into it. I think we're going to dinner later tonight to celebrate. So I'll enjoy my day of mourning the loss of my 30's, and I'll look forward to my 40's. ARGGHH!
His friend, Mike, even offered to sneak in the house and help him blow them up. But Dave did it all himself and, yes, he's still alive! It's been a fun day and the kids are totally into it. I think we're going to dinner later tonight to celebrate. So I'll enjoy my day of mourning the loss of my 30's, and I'll look forward to my 40's. ARGGHH!



1 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! If it's any consolation, you don't look 40! You're as young as you feel right? I called and left you a message but I really would like to take you to dinner or lunch (which ever is easiest for you) to celebrate! I could use some girl time out!
Post a Comment