Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Don't worry...Be happy

So as not to depress everybody with how yucky life can be, I have a happy post! First, my mom came home from her mission to Chile today. She and Howard have been gone since October 2007 and I've really missed them. We went to the airport to meet them today and welcome them home. Sweet little McCall gave her a big hug and promptly told me goodbye. She was going with Grandma & Grandpa. Which is amazing because I'm sure she doesn't remember them and she usually doesn't cling on to someone new. Guess she really loves you Mom!

Second, we saw a very rare appearance over Easter weekend...the Sun! Only because we were in Vegas for a baseball tournament of Jackson's. We all enjoyed the warmth and fun of yet another trip. Too bad we can't do them all the time. The kids loved seeing the (good) sights of the strip and all the cool hotels. I wasn't so happy about having to steer them away from all the smoking, beer-drinking, scantily clad people. Just a little too much for my innocent children's eyes. But all in all, a good trip. Jackson won enough games to qualify for the playoffs, so we spent Seth's birthday at the ballpark...big surprise!


And Seth had a birthday! He was so excited to wake up in the hotel room and see 7 balloons hanging from the dining room light. "It's my birthday!" he exclaimed. Because in our house, it's not a birthday without the balloons to wake up to. I hope he enjoyed being on vacation for his birthday. In his short 7 years, he's spent 2 of his birthdays in hotel rooms. That just happens when you have a spring birthday and a family that likes to go out of town on the long Easter break.

1 comments:

J9 said...

Wait, I feel cheated! Where's the pics of your mom? Tell her HI for me.....even though she made me drink milk when I was 6.....I will never forgive her!