I need them. Badly. Not on my car, but on my life. Every spring is like this. I don't know why we continue to put ourselves through this over and over. Baseball season is always crazy, and then you add in the end of the school year with all its festivities, and birthdays galore - it's madness! Our house is totally nuts! I find myself checking the calendar several times a day just to keep everything straight and make sure we don't miss anything. This year, both Dave and I are on the Board so we now double the responsibilities of running a league. We have 6 kids playing on 5 teams, with Dave coaching 2 of them. We're averaging 11 games a week and at least one night of board duty. Throw in 5 or 6 practices and it's insane. Oh yeah, I shouldn't leave out the endless piano practicing for the festival next week and a dance competition Saturday. How we survive is beyond me. Dave and I haven't been to bed before midnight in ages. Yes, we could get there a little earlier, but after 10pm is the only time we have to spend together and catch up. I love baseball season and hate it at the same time.
But last night, we got a little break. It was a lot of rushing, juggling and arranging, but when Dave's dad called with playoff tickets we worked it out. It's not very often any more we get to go to a Jazz game and even less a playoff game, so we jumped at the chance. Luckily for us, the game had a late start which allowed Dave to see all of Dalin's game and let me get the kids into bed before my golden babysitter arrived. So off we went to enjoy a game with Dave's parents. And what a game! It was a hard fought, physical game and went down to the last second. But the Jazz pulled it off! I haven't been to a game that good in a very long time. The noise level was deafening, the food was abundant. I ate way too much, but it was so good. We didn't get home until about midnight and we were dead tired, but it was so worth it. Thanks Tom, for having other plans tonight and giving up your tickets. Thanks Loren & Marilyn for inviting us to go with you. We loved the game and being able to share it with you.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Brakes
Posted by Sonda at 9:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
How fun! I am so glad you took advantage of the chance to get out. BTW, we are coming in late Weds. night and will be leaving right after Women's conference Friday. I am not sure if we will be able to work it out to get together or not. Do you still have my cell number?
Wow...I thought my life was crazy. I won't complain anymore! I don't know how you do it!! I'm so glad you guys got to go to the game last night! How fun!
I feel your pain, only I don't have it quite so bad. Glad you got to go have fun at the game. Next week is Nationals in SLC and I'm wishing I could spend all week up there with Chet. (he gets a hotel room at the Red Lion all week, FREE) But, life as a mother doesn't allow that right now. Guess we'll just have to settle for the weekend up there with him instead.
Call me on my cell....I don't have your number in my phone anymore.
Post a Comment