"How many days til I'm 5?" has been the most asked question at our house for the past 2 months. I have been counting down since about 70. But no more. Davis is finally 5! He is so excited to not be 4 anymore and since his best friend Hunter turned 5 two weeks ago, he's been agonizing over still being 4. {uggh}
We started off the day with balloons and presents. Davis is quite simple. He really only wanted Cars cars and Star Wars guys. I have yet to ever spend as much as I do on the other kids for birthdays or Christmas on him. His wants are just fewer than the other kids and buying him more just to spend equal amounts is futile. Whatever extras I buy will sit at the bottom of the toybox until I send it to DI. Someday I'm sure we'll make it up to him. And I'm sure the others will complain that he gets more than them. I'll have to remind them. But I digress.

After sending Spencer, Seth and Tiara off to school, we headed out to let him choose a new shirt to wear for birthday pictures and then for the shoot. I've gotten quite frustrated with the little studio portraits I've done in the past and thought I'd take a shot at doing them myself. I still haven't totally figured out Photoshop, so here's the untouched version.
He had fun posing for pictures and finding neat things to pose with. But of course, the best part was a visit to the candy store for a treat when we finished. Then we picked up Tia and headed to McDonald's for a birthday lunch. We always let the kids choose where to have lunch on their birthday and I'm still holding out hope that someone will choose something other than McD's. {sigh}
While the girls took their naps, Davis helped me make cupcakes for his baseball team and a birthday cake. He's a good little helper.
He had a baseball game and I don't think there's anything he would've rather done on his birthday. He just loves the game and anything outside. Thanks to the gorgeous weather we've been having, it was perfect. The team sang Happy Birthday to him after the game and he gave them all the traditional baseball cupcakes.
At home it was his favorite - mac n cheese. Then birthday cake and to bed. It was a busy day, but full of all of his favorites. Happy Birthday, Davis! I'm so happy you are a part of our family. You are the most darling, fun little boy and I'm so glad you're 5!

Thursday, April 23, 2009
How Many Days?
Posted by Sonda at 8:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What a fun birthday...holy cow you were busy! I love all the pictures you took...they turned out great!
Mandy's William is just like that. never wants hardly anything. Looks like it was fun and crazy at the same time. Love the pics by the way you did an amazing job.
Cute pics! Of course, you have such a cute little subject how could you go wrong? He is one of the cutest little 5 year olds I know and I'm glad he had such a great day!
Post a Comment