Saturday, July 12, 2008

15 again...or still 40??

After last month's REO Speedwagon concert, Dave and I thought our trip back to the 80's was over. But last night we got invited to go to the Cheap Trick/Heart/Journey concert with Tom & JaNae (thanks, Tom!) They were primo seats that we would never be able to afford and the concert was fabulous! We totally missed Cheap Trick (which neither one of us was too sad about) because of a VERY slow 1 1/2 hr drive to USANA Amphitheater. Traffic was horrible. But we got there just as Heart took the stage and I must say, those women still sound amazing. It's strange to look at grandmas up there singing rock music, but they sound just the same. They put on a good show and I really enjoyed it. But when Journey came out, the whole place exploded. This new singer, Arnel Pineda, sounds so much like Steve Perry it's amazing. But it's so strange to see some Thai guy up there on stage. He put on a fabulous show and was quite entertaining. If any of you have the chance to see them this summer, go. It's worth it. Anyway, we're both sitting (or standing) at the concert thinking back to being 15 and loving all of this music. These guys were the staples we grew up on. Journey was the first concert Dave went to (9th grade). It's weird to think that we were Matt's age when they were big. Time goes by so fast. While we were there, I felt like I was a teenager again (only this time I wasn't afraid to grab my date's hand!) I still have a hard time thinking of myself as a 40 year old woman. But when I had to pull out 2 gray hairs while getting ready to go, it reminded me that 25 years really have past. I wish I could stay young forever. I wish I had the energy of a teenager. I wish I had my high school body back. None of that will ever happen, so I'll have to settle for going to 80's concerts with all the other old people there and reminisce my way back to being a teenager. Thanks again Tom & Janae for an awesome night. We really need to get together more often.

4 comments:

fubug said...

Oh I am SO jealous! How fun! Chet has said that the new singer, Arnel Pineda, sounds just like Steve Perry. Wish we could've gone...oh well I guess we'll have to settle for "Crue Fest" in a couple of weeks...haha. A bit different type of music than Journey and Heart but it is def major 80's flash back...big hair and all! haha

Kim and Chet said...

P.S. that last comment was from me (of course) didn't realize I was logged in under Kylee :)

Banks Family said...

Journey would've been great to see. Lou and I will be there next weekend to see The Police. Let me know if you have any ideas of how to beat the traffic.

Sonda said...

The only way to get out there is to go early. Our friends went an hour early and had some food out there. They said it was fun to just people watch. If you don't have reserved seats, I'd get there way early. The grass looked like it filled up fast.