Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back to School

Whew!! Summer break has totally wiped me out. School starts tomorrow and I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad to send the kids back. Not for the usual reasons, though. I'm not sick of my kids and they're not whining about being bored. Nope, I'm happy because we have played so hard this month that I'm worn out. I love doing things with the kids and having fun together, but I need a break (and so does my wallet!)
Our celebration of the 24th included a BBQ and fireworks at the Martin's, the Children's Museum, baseball games for Jackson, and a Bee's game. The kids loved going to the Bees game (especially Tiara). She kept telling me how she loves the Bees and pointing out where Bumble was at the time. Her husband will be so lucky to have a girl that loves sports.

Tonight, we had a party with all of the Monson side. We got to preview the new biography on Tom that will air next conference. It is very well done and it was nice to be able to watch it with him. What a great opportunity! I'm sure there are people out there that would give all they have to be able to sit down and have dinner with the prophet and we get to do it several times a year. I don't think our kids realize how lucky they are. They are so used to seeing him at Grandma's house that they just run past him on their way out to play.

So tomorrow starts 3rd grade for Spencer and 1st grade for Seth. Davis and Tiara both start next week. It's hard to believe they grow up so fast.

2 comments:

Banks Family said...

It was fun hanging out with all the cousins this last week. We will have to get together for lunch when both of our tracks are off for holiday's this year.

janae said...

It was so much fun seeing you guys at the concert. I'm so glad you were able to come. It must be so amazing spending time with the prophet. Your kids will know one day and know how special it is.