Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer - FINALLY!!!

The last day of school was today. Davis finished in May, Seth finished the first week of June and we've just been WAITING for Spencer to finish. With the 3 boys all in different school with different schedules, it's been a tough year for me. Next year, Spencer & Seth will both be at Jordan Ridge and Davis & Tiara will both be at Discovery. Hopefully, this will help my stress level! Anyway, Spencer's last day was today and I think I was more excited than him to be done for the summer!! He's ready to go on to 3rd grade and I just want to play and sleep in every morning! Screwed up, I know. In many of the other families I know, the mom is wishing summer would fly by so the kids go back to school and the kids are wanting to drag summer out as long as possible. But with year round school, our summer is only 4 weeks long, so we have to cram all the fun stuff into a short amount of time. So for the next few weeks, I'll be playing all I can with my kids. We have a baseball tournament, Cub Camp, Pioneer Trek, Stake Lagoon Day, and Richard and Wren's visit planned. Somewhere in there, the kids want to go miniature golfing, LOTS of picnics at the park, the dinosaur park, the Children's Museum, and who knows what else they have on their lists. It will be a fun and VERY BUSY July, then back to school on the 28th. I hope that day never comes!

2 comments:

Hunkey Dorey Down South said...

I'm with you ... I love the lazy, slow paced time of summer!! I don't like schedules and stress and running everywhere! Sometimes I think it would be nice to have year round school and then you could vacation when the rest of America isn't! That would be tough though if every kid was in a different school - I can't imagine! When is your Lagoon Day?? Richard wants to go to Lagoon??
Have a great first day of summer for everyone!!
Wren

Banks Family said...

You will have to call us when you go to the park. Bryan and Kara just got out yesterday. Thank goodness!! 6 weeks without homework. But Bryan will be playing baseball for the next month and Kara is going crazy
Leigh