Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cub Country


Today I was lucky enough to get to go to Cub Camp with Spencer. Dave was sad that he didn't get to go this year, but it just didn't work with our busy summer schedule. He does have to go to work once in a while. This was Spencer's first time going and he had a BLAST!!! He really got into all the skits and jokes, making things and learning cool stuff. He said his favorite was archery, but after he bought his first pocket knife at the trading post, that might have changed to soap carving. The boys also ran an obstacle course (including the army crawl over the dirt!), played frisbee golf and water games, learned different constellations and went on a moon walk. He's going up again tomorrow for more fun (and dirt). He's just the cutest little Cub Scout and is loving being a big kid.

The little kids got to spend the day with cousins and friends. Thanks to Melanie and Kim for helping out so I could go with Spencer. Seth and Tiara went to play with Brooklyn and Derek. Tiara just LOVES Brook and thinks she is just as old as she is! Davis and McCall went to play with Hunter. Davis normally loves any time he gets with Hunter, but he was on one of his "I want to go home" kicks. I think he warmed up, but once he's grumpy, he's done for the day. Kim is one of the very few people that McCall really likes. She never cries when I drop her off and reaches out for Kim anytime we see her. And I think Kim feels the same way. After all, who couldn't love McCall? She's so sweet and cute and just a little angel.

2 comments:

J9 said...

Got any good craft ideas for day camp for me?!!!

Kim and Chet said...

I most definitely feel the same way! I could just keep her she's such a doll! All of your kids are just so cute and we love having them so the door is always open to your kiddo's. Glad you had fun and that I could help!