Yesterday, we took the kids (yes, all 8!) to Lagoon. And, on top of that we took one of Jackson's friends, McCade. I'm sure most people thought we were completely crazy to tackle an amusement park with 9 kids in tow, but it actually was the most pleasant experience we've had. McCade's dad has always jokingly called me a "pioneer woman" because I take the kids everywhere. What he doesn't know is that McCade helped. Having an extra kid evened up the numbers and made it easier to let Matt, Dalin & Jackson go off on their own and not have an odd number on all the rides.
Dave was able to take Spencer on a lot of the big rides while I took the little kids on the little rides. I think I got the better end of the deal. Poor Dave got dragged on all the roller coasters they had. Spencer totally loves going on the thrill rides and had a blast. Seth played the "big brother" role to a T. He helped Davis and Tiara on & off the rides and moved them along in the lines. Davis struggled to have fun, as he is afraid of most everything. He started out on Bulgy the Whale and did fine, but totally freaked out on the little spaceships and was done for the day. After some coaxing, he tried the dragonfly swing, but then lost it again on the bumper cars. At that point, I thought the baby boats were more his speed, which proved a good move. Anything that went fast or up was very bad. We all met for dinner, then Dave took Seth with him and Spencer for more big rides. They met up with the big boys every now and again for rides so that Dave could spend some time with them, too. Seth is definitely NOT Spencer. He really doesn't like roller coasters, but is quite polite about it (unlike Davis). After they rode one he didn't like, he would say "That one wasn't my favorite. Maybe I won't go again." I took Davis & Tiara back to Kiddieland for more rides. Tiara took over everything...she told Davis what they were going on, made sure he stayed in line and had to ride in the front EVERY time! Boy, is she going to be trouble! McCall just hung out with me, watching the kids go on rides. I did take her on the carousel, which she absolutely LOVED. The kids went strong until 9:30 when we headed home. All in all, it was a very fun day and we plan on "bouncing back" in a couple of weeks.



Friday, July 11, 2008
Where The Fun Is
Posted by Sonda at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun! We will be taking Kara for the first time this August.
Post a Comment