Last night we celebrated the 10th anniversary of our first date (which we still laugh about because neither one of us wanted to go!) I didn't think Dave would remember because we haven't really done anything the past few years. In the beginning, we would recreate our date and go up in the mountains and make tin foil dinners and s'mores with Holly & Rob and Jason & Jenny. But once kids started to come, it made it harder to do that so we just stopped doing anything. But I wanted to do something this year since 10 years is a big deal. So I recreated the date (only it's the "been married forever and have 5 kids" version.) Dave didn't get home from work/ball games until after 8:00 last night, so it made it easy to surprise him. The kids joined in and had fun setting up our "picnic". I made tinfoil dinners in the oven and set up our picnic at the kitchen table. We roasted marshmallows over our candle-campfire and enjoyed talking about the last 10 years. It's gone by so fast and so much has changed that neither one of us would have ever predicted where we are today. Despite the total craziness that having 8 kids brings, I love our life. Dave is my best friend and the person that I would choose to be with over anyone else.
Friday, August 29, 2008
First Date
Posted by Sonda at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Okay, you get wife of the year award from me!!!! How fun! I am glad you can still smile and celebrate even with all the craziness of a young family. Congratulations!
Happy 10 year date anniversary! :) That is so fun and so cute of you to do! Maybe since our 15 year first date anniv. is coming up I should do something fun. Ours was the State Fair downtown...wasn't an official date but first "outing". Not that I could go on any rides or anything. That's great that you remember the exact date of your first date!
Post a Comment