Cinderella's birthday was today. Normally, we call her Tiara, but we had to call her Cinderella all day today. Always the princess! She woke up just like every other day asking,"Is it my birthday?" To her surprise, we actually said "Yes." She has been on cloud 9 all day. She was so excited to see her 3 pink balloons in the family room and a pink bike just for her. Finally, she has a bike all her own! 
We actually started her celebration yesterday when I took her to Build A Bear and let her create her own friend. She chose a darling little bunny and dressed her like Cinderella, of course. All the way down to the glass slippers! We went to lunch with Dave, then carried on the day as normal. Today, we took her (and everyone else) to the zoo. She loves the animals, but had a hard time when she was told that Cinderella had to stay in the car and wait for us. We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, which was more for Dave's birthday than for hers. It was our only chance to go out with everyone for the next couple of weeks, when his birthday will be well past. Then back home for her "princess cake." She's been dying to eat her cake all day and I've been putting her off, mostly so I had time to finish it. It turned out quite cute (although I'll never claim to be a great cake decorator). She thinks that she will someday go live in a castle just like this one. You go, Girl!But as you can see, contrary to my previous post, we did not reschedule her birthday so I could read Breaking Dawn. Instead, I have taken every spare moment to read a few pages. Dave thought I was nuts when I went down to Smith's at midnight to get the book. But that is the best kept secret in South Jordan. The poor people lined up all day for wristbands at Barnes & Noble and winding around the aisles at Walmart are fools. I walked into Smith's at 11:40 pm, put my name on the list and was number 10 to buy a book - and only $14! I got home and had read a few chapters before most people had even gotten through the lines everywhere else. I'm only on page 300, so I won't say anything and I don't want to hear anything if you are farther. Call me on Monday when I'm done and I'd love to discuss it with you.



4 comments:
Happy Birthday Cinderella! Savannah is jealous of your cake! Shelby was so disappointed that Chris and I fell into bed exhausted Friday night at 9:30 and couldn't wait up for the midnight release of Breaking Dawn, so I took her out yesterday to pick up a copy. So far, she loves it!
That is a great cake! And I love Build A Bear. And a bike!!! Sounds like she had a great birthday. I bought Breaking Dawn at Walmart August 2nd without a wait or anything. I went to Barnes and Noble for another reason that same day and they said you couldn't get it unless you pre-ordered. I don't dare to start it yet. I have a few things I need to do first. And it just occured to me why some of my blogging friends haven't posted ;).
Happy Birthday Martin Family! Lots of August Birthday's!! Speaking of Breaking Dawn ... I got the Book on Friday Morning at our local Grocery Store!!! Someone didn't get the MEMO!!! Lucky ME!!!! I was almost through with the book by Friday Night! Loved it!!! Now what???
Wren
Happy Bday Tia! I have been in Cali so I had to go get Breaking Dawn first thing in the morning at their local Walmart. Only $13 there :) I was too tired to do the midnight thing and too busy to really read a lot of it. I tried to read on the drive home from Cali but it was making me sick. SO...we'll have to discuss when we're both done!!! :)
Post a Comment