Yesterday was Dave's 40th birthday, so this post is all about him. Despite having to move into another decade of life, I think he had a good day. We went up to Park City on Saturday and bought him a bunch of new clothes. Money has always been a little tight and he's been such a good sport about wearing clothes for longer than he normally would and buying things that aren't quite as nice as he'd like. Finally, this year that is changing. He found several nice things he likes and was able to weed out some of the older things in his closet. Yeah!
With his birthday being on a Sunday, it really limited our ability to play on his birthday. The kids and I made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast. But since he'd already picked out all his clothes, opening presents wasn't very dramatic. After church, we went up to his parents' house for a BBQ. Robert was here for the weekend, so we had lots of reasons to celebrate. Dave's mom had bought 2 large Backer's cakes (Dave's favorite) and we sang Happy Birthday to Dave, Tiara, Robert, Kevin and Rob. August is birthday crazy with the Martin clan! The day ended quietly watching the Olympics.
For Dave's birthday, I want to tell him how much I love him. He is a great husband and father. All of the kids just adore him. He always makes time for them, even when it's not convenient. I love spending time with him, too. It's so nice to meet him for lunch a couple days a week. I look forward to those days more than he knows (even if it is just McDonald's!) Our "dates" in the family room have become something that I truly love. It's hard to go out much with so many little kids and the price of babysitters, so we've found a way to get our alone time without breaking the bank. He is so supportive of me and the things I want to do. (I probably could really take advantage of him if I wanted to.) But my favorite activities always involve him. He's my best friend and I'm so glad I get to be his wife forever. Happy Birthday, Honey! I love you!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Happy Birthday, Dave!
Posted by Sonda at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment