Monday, August 25, 2008

Normal life

It's been a while since my last post, but I really have nothing new to say. Life just continues on and I try to do my best to deal with the problems as they arise. Baseball games start tonight and, truthfully, I'm not very excited. I love baseball, but I'm barely keeping my head above water with school, homework, piano, scouts, housework, trying to get scrapbooks caught up and juggling Dave's schedule with his kids. I try to put on my happy face and enjoy every day, but inside I'm just trying to make it through the day when I can crawl back in bed again. I can get caught up on one thing, but everything else suffers. So now we have baseball games EVERY NIGHT and somewhere in there I have to get homework done and piano practiced, not to mention dinner, bath and bedtime with Dave gone for a lot of the nights. I like the kids being able to participate in sports because they can learn so many life lessons, but being this busy doesn't make me like actually doing it. Luckily, the season is only 6 weeks long and Spencer & Seth will be off track for 3 of those weeks. Small blessings.

2 comments:

J9 said...

I feel your pain! When we moved here, I took it as an excuse to do the one thing I had been threatening to do for years......DROP ALL SPORTS! I felt like I was drowning and couldn't keep my head above water. My quality of life was terrible because all we did was run from one practice or game to another. I felt like we were always missing family prayer or FHE or scriptures or even Saturday temple trips for us because we were so rush rush rush and felt an obligation to the team. I have since added occasional sports in, but we are no longer a year round sports type of family. I can't take it! Hang on tight and enjoy the ride, but its okay to say no when you need to take a break!

Banks Family said...

Well maybe I will see you there. We have games on Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 this week.