Wednesday, August 27, 2008

PDA's

Every Wednesday morning, I get to go help Seth's teacher at school. It's lots of fun to see the kids in their classrooms and with their friends. Usually, when I walk in, whichever kid's class it is has to make a big point of waving to me. Today was no exception. Seth was grinning from ear to ear and waving at me. They get so excited to have Mom there and I love it! I was quietly working at the back of the room when the teacher asked the kids to go sit on the floor for some reading time. Seth took that opportunity to come see me. As I looked up at him he said, "Hug?" I gladly gave him a big hug knowing that this sort of Public Display of Affection would come to an abrupt end in a few years and, oh, how I'll miss it. He is such a touchy-feely guy. Sometimes it drives me crazy, but today I cherished it.

2 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

That is so cute. I love how happy they get to see you. My kids constantly look at me and wave and grin. Sometimes I feel like I am a big distraction and afraid they will get into trouble for not paying attention. haha. Oh well...that's all we can do is cherish these times!

J9 said...

Awww, how sweet! I only have one boy left that lets me kiss and hug him in public. The others are too cool! At least Joshua is still snuggly at home or I would be so sad!