Thursday, May 7, 2009

Here We Go

It's started. Tiara had her first dance competition two weeks ago. It was cute to see the little tiny girls get up on stage and do their best, knowing that if they did well they would get a trophy. Well, at least that's what we told them. It's a Mommy conspiracy. Actually, they all get a trophy, but they don't need to know that. The girls did great and Tiara {loved} it. She was so into the hair, makeup, costume and being in the spotlight. "Mom, should we put my costume on?" "Mom, should we do my makeup now?" "Mom, are we going to be late?" "Mom...Mom...Mom..." was all I heard all morning. I'm glad she loves what she's doing, but OMGosh! She's going to drive me crazy!!! And we have how many more years of this? Not that I'm really complaining. She could be ugly, fat and only want to play in the dirt. But not her. She's a girly girl (with a hint of jock) all the way. I love it!
She carried her trophy everywhere that day. She had to take in into McDonald's and set it on the table "so everyone can see it." She slept with it on her nightstand and has taken it for Show & Tell. I'm sure this dance trophy adoration/addiction will end up costing us $$$. Anybody have a money tree?

2 comments:

J9 said...

She's a doll and that looks like so much fun! So sad that we missed you this year but will definitely let you know next year so that we can plan to all go!

Melanie said...

She is such a cutie!!! I just love her! I'm sure she is a great little dancer!