Sunday, May 17, 2009

El Cheapo

Yep, that's me. Dave makes fun of me because of the way that I shop. He teases me about the way I will bring home 8 boxes of cereal because it's on sale. But he never complains when he's eating said boxes of cereal. Funny. Anyway, I refuse to pay full price for anything. There are tons of deals to be had if you just do a little research and pay attention. In my shopping trip this week I totally scored. After combining coupons with sales I felt a little guilty (only a little) taking all this food from the store. Here's what I got for $20.31 (and keep in mind that NONE of this is the store brand):

1 box saltine crackers
8 boxes cereal
2 boxes Wheat Thins
3 bottles of salad dressing
3 packages of Crystal Light
2 bottles of Mayo
4 bottles of BBQ sauce
8 boxes of deluxe mac n cheese
4 pounds of bologna
2 packages of hot dogs

Impressed? So was Dave. Maybe he won't make fun of me now that I told him I saved $64.12! That's right, the total was $84.43 before all my good shopping and coupon use. I should start pocketing the savings for our next vacation.

4 comments:

J9 said...

Or, I don't know, maybe you could pocket the savings for getting your hair done or a massage or something fun FOR YOU!!!

Melanie said...

Girlfriend...you rock! I'm impressed! I love bargain shopping too, I just need to take advantage of coupons more often!

Shannon said...

That's awesome! Mitch always complains that I shop too much, but I end up saving much more with the bargains I get!

Kim and Chet said...

I want to know you're trick! Where are you shopping?