I'm so glad last week is over. It was total chaos (just like every other week!) although some are worse than others. On top of lots of baseball, it was field trip mania. It started on Wednesday with Tiara's preschool class going to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. I went with her and helped chaperon and took McCall with me. Kim was able to take Davis so I could actually help with the other kids. (thanks Kim) We hadn't ever been there before so it was fun to see what they had. The kids loved the baby chicks and ducklings. We all went on a wagon ride around the farm and the kids got to go on a pony ride. This was a first for Tiara. She picked out a little white pony and confessed later that she was scared. Fooled me! She looked right at home with her princess pony. We all had a picnic lunch and then headed back home. Tiara only has 2 other girls in her class and the 3 of them stuck together the whole time. Luckily for McCall, they let her join in with them for lunch.

Thursday was Spencer's turn. He went on a field trip to the Clark Planetarium and the landfill. I just couldn't pull off all 3 field trips in a row, so I didn't get to go with him. He said it was a blast. They saw everything at the planetarium and watched a star show and then had lunch at the food court in Gateway. Then off to the landfill. I must say that I wasn't too sad to miss this one. He enjoyed it though. They showed the kids what happens to the garbage after the garbage man comes and how they dispose of it and recycle some of it. I don't think I would have made it past the stink!Friday was Davis' turn. Trudy took Tiara (thanks Trudy) so I could go with Davis. Once again, McCall came along although I'm not sure anyone even knew because she's so quiet. We went to the same place as Tiara's class, so it wasn't anything new for me. Davis wasn't quite as sure as Tiara and stuck close to me for a while. But once he felt comfortable, he and Easton terrorized the ducks and ran like crazy. He loved the wagon and pony rides and had a lot of fun feeding the goats. But the highlight was getting to be with his best friend Hunter and have lunch together. Next year they will be in different classes on different tracks, so I'm glad they had this year together.










1 comments:
Looks fun! Have you heard of the coupon game? I don't have a copy but it's been popping up quite a bit down here - if I get a copy I'll forward it to you. Kids are out Wed. I can't wait for a little bit slower pace!!
Post a Comment