Wahoo!!! He did it! Davis graduated from preschool this week. Considering his start in life and how behind he was, it's darn near close to a miracle that he's ready for kindergarten. We had him labeled as the kid of ours that was of average intelligence and wouldn't be much more. Boy, were we wrong! In the last 2 years he has come farther than I had ever hoped for. Much of that credit has to go to his preschool teacher, Mrs. Balls. She has taken a little boy that wouldn't talk much, wouldn't draw or color, and refused to be very social and transformed him into a boy that can count to 100by 1's, 10's & 5's, knows his address & phone number, and is starting to read. WOW! Who would have thought? Well, much to our pleasure that little guy is Davis.

He had his graduation program on Thursday. All of the kids had speaking parts and he did great. They sang some songs they had learned and then were presented with their caps and diplomas. He was so proud and is so excited to go to kindergarten at the elementary school with Spencer and Seth. Sadly, his best friend Hunter will be on a different track and thus a different class. But they sure had a great time together this year and such good buddies. 






2 comments:
I can't believe he'll be in Kindergarten! WOW - that went fast!!! Kinley graduated 5th grade. Of course I haven't blogged at all - I just browse everyone elses blogs when I have spare time or late at night.
He is sooo handsome!! Congrats to the graduate.
Post a Comment