Wow! 9 years sure go by fast. Thursday night we were talking to Spencer about what we were doing the day before he was born and I couldn't believe it was that long ago. He's still by baby boy (although he'd die if I said that to him!) He's grown up so fast. I remember holding him and rocking him to sleep every night. I loved it, but it turned out to be a big mistake...He wouldn't go to sleep any other way. I remember crawling in his crib a few times to snuggle him to sleep and the crawling out of his room so I wouldn't wake him up. He was my first little guy and I loved every minute of it. He was the darned cutest 2 year old and loved being Daddy's pal. I cried the first day I dropped him off at preschool and was so proud of him when he started reading later that year. I've enjoyed being his friend and confidante. I love that he will talk to me about everything and still likes me to snuggle him at night. He's getting so big and reminds me of it often. (He's now passed my chin and growing like crazy!)
He had a good day. We surprised him with a present that he was dying for. Normally, we don't spend that much on birthdays, but we decided to pool his allowance and birthday money from Grandma Carol & Grandpa Howard with ours and surprise him. He was definitely surprised when he opened a new DSi! His old DS broke a while ago, so I traded it in and goat a great deal. He's played with it all day and was so excited to tell all his friends at school.

I like to go to lunch with the kids on their birthdays and today was no exception. He wanted Wendy's, so I picked up some food and took it to the school and ate with him and his friends. It's one of my favorite experiences. I love seeing the kids in their every day environment and socializing with their friends. It gives me great insight into their lives.
Both he and Seth had baseball games, so it put a damper on the night. We spent the night at the ball park and got home too late for much celebrating. I made him his requested cake (a volcano) today and he chose dinner (corn dogs). While we had to rearrange part of his birthday, it made it stretch out over 2 days.
Happy Birthday, Spencer! I love you more than you know and I'm so glad I'm your Mom and your friend.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Happy Birthday Spencer!
Posted by Sonda at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Love the cake Sonda! That's great he requested corn dogs for dinner. I'm sure it simplified your hectic life! Spencer is such a good kid.
Post a Comment